Mr. Berry has traveled extensively practicing law in state, federal and international forums concentrating on contract law, construction law, and children’s rights working with diplomats, law enforcement, and the judiciary on domestic and foreign cases. Cases involve negotiations/mediations, litigation and arbitration. Cases have included matters in “hot spots” (or what is now commonly referred to as “Conflict Zones”) such as Afghanistan (2010-present) as well as other “sensitive” countries, i.e. Iraq, Uzbekistan and Cuba. Mr. Berry has worked closely with the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), Office of Children’s Issues within the U.S. Department of State; sometimes retained and working in concert with foreign governments in complex international children matters. This firm intentionally maintains a low and confidential profile to facilitate problem solving. On the other side of the law practice with a strong business background Mr. Berry serves as corporate counsel, and has reviewed complex contracts for many businesses one with commitments exceeding one billion dollars, an amount once exceedingly rare.
- 1972 U.S. Army Honorable Discharge.
- 1976 Graduate of the University of Michigan.
- 1976 U.S. Corporate Market Analyst for International Corporations. – 1980 President of a midsize construction and fabrication company rated 5th by ENR magazine in 1987.
- 1991 J.D. St. Thomas University with post graduate work through Suffolk University Law School Summer Program, held in Budapest, Hungary.
- 1991-Present Limiting Practice to International Law involving contracts, and children’s rights.
- American Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Clearwater Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
Currently Admitted to Practice in the Following Courts
- State of Florida
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Former Quasi-Judicial Positions & Activities
- Sixth Circuit Property Tax Hearing Officer
- Sixth Circuit Traffic Magistrate
- Special Master Town of Redington Beach
- Hearing Officer Pinellas County Student Expulsion Hearings
- Co-Chair of the Bench Bar Committee Clearwater Bar Association
- Chair of the Civil Practice Committee Clearwater Bar Association
- Member of the Florida Bar Civil Practice Rules Committee
- Executive Director of the Barney Masterson Inns of Court
- Member of the Canakaris Inns of Court
- 2008 selected by the Judicial Nominating Committee for State of Florida Circuit Court Judge final round.
- Participant in the U.S. Department of State review of the Hague Convention for the Prevention of International on Child Abduction.
- Lectured – Florida Bar on International Child Abduction
- Children’s Legal Aid Society (CLAS), an IRS 501C-3 specifically formed in support of Children’s Rights.